Miriam’s expertise is in workers’ compensation and general liability claims litigation, from pre-suit advice and investigation oversight, through pleadings, discovery, motions practice, trials and appeals through state and federal courts.
Miriam has a proven background in identifying training needs, designing and implementing programs to develop claims professionals in mediation and negotiation skills, litigation management including bill review processes, as well as being a frequent speaker at continuing legal seminars and industry conferences on trial skills, use of medical records, insurance fraud, and workers’ compensation issues.
- Indiana University School of Law, 1993 Juris Doctoris
Order of Barristers, Associate Justice, Intramural Moot Court Competition, Member, Products Liability Moot Court Competition. Completed legal education while working full time.
- Indiana University, Bachelor of Sciences, Business Management and Administration
- Indiana Bar – 1993
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Litigation Counsel of America –
- Member, Diversity Law Institute
- Member, Trial Law Institute
- Barrister, Order of Veritas
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association
- Conference Chair 2014
- Participation in WC and Sponsorship/Scholarship Committees
Today’s Insurance Professional:
“You Do Not Have the Right to Remain Silent – Civil Depositions for Insurance Professionals” October/November 2013 issue
“Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones; In-Artful Words Can Hurt Me” April 2015