John Coleman has been appointed to lead as a Chair of the Chicago, Illinois General Liability Department of Hennessy & Roach, P.C. John earned his Bachelor of Arts in English at Xavier University and he went on to earn his Juris Doctorate from John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois.
He has over forty years of experience representing Fortune 500 Companies and private entities in complex litigation. He has tried over 80 cases to jury verdict in 8 different state and federal district courts with emphasis on defense involving: transportation; heavy vehicles; product liability and construction. He has argued appeals in the Illinois Supreme Court, multiple Illinois Appellate Courts as well as the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL – Juris Doctor, 1977
Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH – Bachelor of Arts in English, 1971
- Member of the Illinois State Bar Association
- Member of the Federal Trial Bar for all Districts of Illinois
- Martindale Hubbell Preeminent AV Rated
- Member of Illinois State Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Member of Trucking Industry Defense Association
- Member of Transportation Lawyers Association
- Civil Defense Litigation
- General Liability Defense
- Transportation & Logistics
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability