- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Juris Doctor, 2003
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL Bachelor of Arts, 1999
- AMUN, Simulation Director, 1999-Present
- Chicago Bar Association
Cook County State’s Attorney, Chicago, IL
- Child Support Expedited Division, Bartaker Law Clerk, August 2004 – October 2004
- Complex Litigation Division, Licensed 711 law student, January 2002 – December 2002, June 2003 – December 2003
- Torts and Civil Rights Division, Law Clerk, May 2001 – December 2002
- Industrial Claims Division, Law Clerk, January 2001 – May 2001
Areas of Practice:
- Defense of Workers’ Compensation claims in Illinois
1) Teresa Beruman v. Arvin Meritor – 13 WC 16428 – Petitioner worked on an assembly line. Petitioner alleged repetitive cervical spine trauma requiring surgery was related to her alleged accident. Case was disputed as not causally related. Commission found that the Petitioner failed to prove causation for the cervical spine condition and denied all treatment.
2) Susanna Von Ahnen v. AT&T – 06 WC 03946/2011 L 050729 – Petitioner alleged repetitive trauma injuries to the bilateral hands, cervical spine, and psychological issues. Respondent disputed causation on all issues. Respondent prevailed on a motion to dismiss the case. Petitioner appealed the matter through the circuit court and the decision was affirmed.
1) William P. Smith v. DHL 08 WC 24455 – Petitioner was a quadriplegic following a single vehicle car accident. Through mediation the parties were able to come to a resolution resolving all of the Petitioner’s rights under the Worker’s Compensation Act and extinguishing Respondent’s liability for future expenses.