Matthew Williamson has joined the firm as an Associate in the Overland Park office. Matthew graduated from Grand Valley State University with a Bachelor of Liberal Arts & Sciences in Group Social Studies & Secondary Education. He then earned his Juris Doctorate at Michigan State University College of Law.
Prior to joining the firm, Matthew was a 7th and 8th grade Social Studies Teacher. Following teaching, he was a Legal Intern with Verspoor-Waalkes, P.C. Shortly after, he was a Student Clinician at Michigan State University Housing Clinic, which included managing case files and handling complex housing issues during the pandemic, researching legal issues, and negotiating with opposing counsel to find the greatest outcomes for clients.
Grand Valley State University – Bachelor of Liberal Arts & Sciences in Group Social Studies & Secondary Education, 2014
- Cum Laude
- Student taught in rural and diverse urban communities
Michigan State University College of Law – Juris Doctor, 2021
- Cum Laude, Jurisprudence Mortgages & Suretyship
- Admitted member of Business and Securities Law Institute
- Phi-Alpha-Delta Legal Fraternity – Vice Justice
- American Bar Association
- Member of the State Bar of Missouri
- Defense of Workers’ Compensation claims in Missouri